Thursday, September 1, 2011

Does the kid with the most toys really win?



In our area there have been some wild fires, one in particular that has been extremely bad. This particular fire is going into it's third day of activity and has consumed at least 30 homes...

Last night we watched on the news a family and friends running around the house trying to save whatever they could before the fire got to their house (They were able to save the house from the fire). But watching them made me wonder what would I bring?

Sure you need important papers, any cash you might have, medications... but when it came down to it what were the things you valued?

One lady reported she didn't have time to take anything, not even her animals... I can't even begin to imagine.

Watching the fires this week has once again challenged my view on value and things. This topic is especially close to my heart as my husband and I have been on a journey to change our thinking on "things." And as the thoughts I have shared this week have been showing, it has been a learning week!


I stumbled across a verse from the Bible this week, and whether you are religious or not I believe it has some great wisdom behind it that anyone can respect.

" Do not weary yourself to gain wealth, Cease from your consideration of it." Proverbs 23:4-5

This verse pretty much sums up my week and how my viewpoint has changed from, "The kid with the most toys wins!"


On a lighter note, I got my Dining room cleaned up and I had the Kitchen done but it has imploded again:

And I de-cluttered, dusted, and reorganized my book shelves!


Maybe i'll actually get the clutter organized into a yard sale one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment