Friday, September 2, 2011

Frugal Friday: Hairdoo

I hate getting my hair cut! I have had the same hairstyle since I can remember, and not by choice! The hairdressers tell me that I have the thickest hair they have ever seen ( It has been compared to a horses tail... thanks...). Because of my hair thickness it leaves a lot to be desired in the cool haircut area, no matter how its cut it always looks the same...

Anyways, now that I whined about my thick hair ( which I really do appreciate), lets talk about saving money!

Getting your hair cut/ colored can be a gut wrenching experience fo ryou and your wallet, so I have a few ideas.

Color your hair at home, I know a lot of you are probably doing this but let me reiterate color your hair at home. If you have any questions about this you can ask your hairdresser they usually have some great tips!
And use your coupons when you buy that hair color!

Go to a beauty school for your trim. They maybe newbies but their prices are unbeatable and they often have fresh ideas. I got my hair cut and colored at a school, and all the decisions she made had to be run past the teacher, so unless she accidently chopped a huge chunk out it was pretty safe. I got a great hair cut and all over color for $16! You can't beat that!

I suggest schools for any type of beauty service, my husband and I just got a couples massage at a massage school for $25, thats at least a fourth of the regular price! .... I might need to book another appointment...

So google yourself a local beauty school and get a cheap cut!

Horrible picture (thanks for smiling babe!) but it's the best I had of my hair cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment