Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pots of Plants!

 I love gardening and green vegetation! Unfortunately, the climate of our current abode is not conducive to gardening and green vegetation, unless of course it is a weed! Weeds seem to be the only thing in abundance right now (anyone know why my weeds can survive this intense heat but nothing else?). With it hitting an average of 102+  degrees outside everyday for the last month, I have not done much weeding and they sure are growing thick!
The house we bought came with like 5 plants and lots of dirt, and I have always dreamed of having a big beds of flowers, so we started flower hunting. We have managed over the last few months to start our flower bed from scratch on a strict budget. So you may ask how I accomplish this? By shopping the clearance section at my local home improvement store!

Tonight I was on the search for some house plants and I ended up walking out with this:
4 house plants and 2 outdoor plants all for a grand total of = $16.33!


I had two house plants that cost $4.50 but most were between $.50 and $1! considering the original price was $14.98 for one plant I feel good about only spending $16.

If you have a gardening project ahead of you or you want to add some plants, now is the time to shop! Everything is being marked way down so you can get more bang for your buck!
And if they don't survive the winter... well at least you didn't pay that much!

Don't forget to get in on the Mary Kay Mascara giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment