Monday, September 26, 2011

Live Simply

This weekend my husband and I trekked 3.5 hours away from home and 20 miles into no mans land, aka no cell phone reception. It pushed me to the very edge of my comfort zone, to say the least. All for a weekend away from the kids and to make some new friends.

I survived the wild, despite my fear that I was going to accidentally trespass on some crazy persons property and get shot or have someone jump out of the bushes and kidnap me. (Do you think I watch too much television?) Being out there helped push me to do things I wouldn't normally push myself to do, for example I was able to shoot a gun for the first time, something I had wanted to try but always had an excuse not to do. With no kids hanging on my leg and no place to be I was all out of reasons not to try it! It was a successful try and I actually hit the target at least twice!

I also was reminded how nice it is to not have to think about the Internet, cell phone, e-mail, etc. for a few hours and remember what life was like before them. I need to simplify... And so I am leaving this post short because I am going to go spend time with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment